Chef_Jenn

Chef_Jenn
it's me...

Labels

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Come find me this Sunday at the Cultivating Food Justice Conference at SDSU

Cultivating Food Justice Conference at San Diego State University

April 24 -25, 2010

Third annual San Diego Cultivating Food Justice Conference is this weekend, April 24-25, at San Diego State University. The Conference is free to all and I am proud to be a part of it. I will be giving a demonstration on how to cook seasonal with foods from your CSA basket.

Free food and entertainment will be part of this exciting weekend.

The Saturday Keynote speaker, Raj Patel, author of the best-seller Stuffed and Starved, will speak about our global food system and it's inequities.

Sunday's Keynote speaker, Barry Logan, director of Escondido organic farm La Milpa Organica; an amazing local farm that I have been lucky enough to tour with a group of my student (and that I hope to do more with in the future. They also hold potlucks on Saturdays; check out their web site for more information~ http://milpaorganica.com/

Workshop schedule, directions and more details on when and where you can my event can be found or to read more about other speakers go to http://www.sdfoodjustice.org/workshops.php.

No comments: