Chef_Jenn

Chef_Jenn
it's me...

Labels

Monday, March 22, 2010

Bubble Gum Vodka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, really they stopped letting camel cigarettes use the cartoon camel but they allow bubble gum flavored vodka!?!


I have to admit it is really good. Yes I may be a bit bias, as I was the little kid that always ordered the bubble gum ice cream.

You might be wondering where you might be able to get such a strange and glorious concoction. Well you can find it at your local liquor store (or Bev Mo). A company by the name of “Three Olives” makes a Bubble Gum vodka (and it is not extremely pricey). Or if you wonder the internet you can find quite a few recipes. Yes I said it there are recipes, most of which use Bazooka bubble gum (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/drink/views/Bazooka-Bubblegum-Cocktail-350146). This is even more awesome, since now I finally have a use for the gum (and I can just sit back and read all the Bazooka Joe comics I want)!

I first came across the wonderful elixir at a local watering hole (called The Office). They serve a beautifully bubble gum pink Bubble Gum Shots (sorry no picture, was having too much fun). But I think I may have been able to copy there recipe, I hope that is some conciliation.

Bubble Gum Shot
2 oz Bubble Gum Vodka
4 oz Lemon lime soda
Splash Pomegranate juice
Superfine sugar

In a shaker with ice, combine Bubble Gum Vodka, lemon lime soda, and pomegranate juice. Shake to incorporate.
Rim half of a rocks glass with superfine sugar.
Strain shaker into glass.

ENJOY!!

No comments: