Chef_Jenn

Chef_Jenn
it's me...

Labels

Friday, May 28, 2010

Wana Try Something New This Memorial Day; Forget The Grilled Hot Dogs

Recently on Facebook I got into a conversation about the best way to cook a hot dog. As we all know grilled hot dogs are good and they have their place. But I have to tell you about another option, the hot dog seared in butter. I hate to admit it but I got the idea from Paula Deen. Yes the queen of all things butter.


Take about ½ tablespoon unsalted butter and melt over medium high heat. Add your hot dog of choice to the pan and cook till crisp and heated through.

Add the bun to the pan and swirl in butter; toast to a golden brown.

Top with your favorite topping; to me that is a good smear of Creole mustard, a little ketchup, diced onions, and sprinkling of relish

but really it depends on the day of the week what I want on my hot dog!

Happy Memorial Day


No comments: